WelcomeHop aboard an eco-friendly Sanctuary Cruise for the premier whale watching adventure on the Monterey Bay! Aboard the bio-diesel powered Sanctuary, marine biologists provide in-depth and engaging marine wildlife insights. The waters right outside our harbor are dubbed the "Moss Landing Whale Park" for good reason - the deep canyon waters close to shore are teeming with marine life: feeding whales, dolphins, orcas, sea otters, sea lions and birds year-round. Check out the Captain's Log for details on what's happening out there.
Certificate of Excellence
|Listen to Dorris describing a Blue Whale encounter on NPR's All Things Considered 7/6/12:|
Recent SightingsTweets by @MontereyWhales
- We share our vast lifetime experience in seamanship, marine science and education here on the Monterey Bay with you.
- We run longer trips which means more time to find and spend with the animals.
- We make sure everyone gets a great view of the animals or your next trip is free.
- We are family friendly. Kids 5 and older welcome, along with healthy pregnant moms in up to their second trimester.
- We welcome passengers with physical limitations (with certain safety restrictions).
- You also get closer to the water from our sea-level viewing decks to experience close-up marine wildlife encounters. Have you ever been blown in the face by a whale spout?
- We offer personalized Ash Scattering Ceremonies with warmth, a song and a mariner's prayer.
- We offer the best marine wildlife experience on The Bay. We guarantee it or your next trip is free.
- We're the boat the locals prefer.
- Recomended by The Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary.
Check out "Whale Attack", National Geographic's recreation of our 2004 Mother's Day cruise when orcas attacked a baby gray whale (warning, not for the faint at heart).
Sanctuary Cruises is the only sustainable charter boat on the Monterey Bay. We use 99% clean-burning biodiesel instead of dirty, smelly petroleum diesel in our brand new John Deere engines. Our biodiesel is made in Central California entirely from recycled waste vegetable oil collected from Central California restaurants. No oil is imported and no fossil fuels are burned when you go whale watching with us. It's better for the economy, the ocean creatures, the air, our engines & you. We also have the most fuel efficient boat on The Bay. We burn less fuel than any other boat. If you want to have less impact on energy consumption and the world ecology while your enjoying, living and learning, Sanctuary Cruises is the clear choice for marine wildlife tours on the Monterey Bay.